Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Crème Gel Eye Liner

The important make up that I’m always used is eyeliner. I literally use eyeliner to everywhere because eyeliner gives my eyes more definition, especially because I’m using glasses. I prefer using a liquid or gel liner because they have longest staying powder than crayon or pencil liner. Some people have no problem using pencil liner, but since I have hooded and super oily eyelids the pencil liner will smudge and it is a total mess.

The first gel liner that I have is this Revlon Colorstay Crème Gel Eye Liner. It comes with four shades: Black; Charcoal; Brown and Plum. I have two shades of this gel liner, Black and Charcoal. I picked Charcoal instead of brown simply because I’ve never had any eyeliner with gray shade. The texture of the gel is creamy so it’s easier to applied, especially for a newbie like me. The price is also affordable, about IDR 75.000 and easy to find.




For the packaging, Revlon Colorstay Crème Gel Eye Liner comes with a brush. In my mind the packaging of the brush is sophisticated, handy but it will not suitable if you are in a hurry. I said sophisticated and handy because the brush is placed in the cover of jar, so you will not need to use or bring an eyeliner brush. But when I said it maybe not suitable if you’re in a hurry because I have to detach the brush from the lower side of the cover and attach it again on the top of the cover. So if you are in hurry just use your eyeliner brush because it will be saving so much time.

The brush's quality is good enough for me; it has a pointy end so I can manage a thinner or bolder line. The bad thing is if you didn’t wipe the brush immediately after using the gel liner, the brush will be hardened. 

The Brush
The gel liner has an amazing staying powder. The Black shade lasts and stay put about 12 hours on my oily lids, but the Charcoal shade lasts about 5 hours and began to fade. Now let’s test their staying powder with water and rub:

 

It stand still under the running water. Now I rub these liner while they are still wet :






When I rub them just lightly, the gel liner didn't smudge at all. But when I rub them harder, the liners begin to smudge. For daily use, you can remove the eyeliner simply using oil remover or make up remover.

Revlon Colorstay Crème Gel Eye Liner also has a pigmented result, so you don’t have to apply it over and over. I noticed the Charcoal shade has a little bit of shimmer but no too much. Another superiority of this gel liner you can build the intensity of the color. You can also apply some eyeshadow on the Charcoal shade to make colored eyeliner because the shade is much softer than brown or Black. You can read my post about colored eyeliner here.

The only bad thing comes from the Charcoal shade, sometimes it can be flakey and hard to spread but I have no difficulties using the Black shade. I don’t know why they are so different.

These are the results of the eyeliner on my eyelids:





To summarize, let’s see the pros and cons of Revlon Colorstay Crème Gel Eye Liner below:

Pros:
Handy
Travel friendly
Easy to use
Pigmented
Good quality of brush
Comes in 4 shades

Cons:
Complicated packaging
The Charcoal shade has less staying powder than the Black shade
The gel sometimes can be flakey and difficult to spread
You have to clean the brush immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment