Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipcolor: Coral Pink, Cosy Tangerine & Brick Rose

Hi again!
This time I want to review about my all-time favorite lipstick from Maybelline in three different colors. I’m using these lipsticks in so many occasions from daily to formal occasion. Maybelline lipstick cost’s is inexpensive and has so many shades and color range. I pick these three colors that match my yellow skin tone and warm undertone: Coral Pink, Cosy Tangerine and Brick Rose


Left to right: Coral Pink, Cosy Tangerine, Brick Rose



Shade:




The Coral Pink shade has a deep pink color. Although the name of the color is coral, the color tends to be a deep pink color that has a hint of brown and purple color. It’s hard to describe this color because I’m not sure that this color is a coral color, for me this color looks like a deep pink color. 


The Cosy Tangerine shade has almost the same shade with the coral pink but with a lighter shade. If you take a glance of these colors it is hard to see the differences but when you look at them, they have a different shade. Cosy Tangerine for me looks like a pink color that has a peach hint rather than tangerine.
The Brick Rose shade is a deep red color. If you see it from the bullet it looks like has a very deep red almost like wine color. It has a cool undertone that I thought will be too dark and doesn’t match my warm undertone. When I try it on the back of my hand it turned to be a deep red but not as red as the bullet and still has it cool undertone.

Swatch:


The cool undertone from the Brick Rose shade is surprisingly matches my warm undertone. Although the color is still a deep red it turned out to be brighter on my lips. I’m quite happy with this color because at first I thought it will be too dark and will not match my complexion. Another benefit is this lipstick has an intense color so it can hide my dark lips.



I love the swatch of the Cosy Tangerine on my lips because it turned out to be a soft pinky peach color that goes for natural to formal look. It makes my face looks more youthful and innocent puhahahaha :D Although this shade has an intense color, the bright color almost covers my dark lips so my dark lips still can be seen.
The Coral Pink color, like I said before, has a darker shade than the Cosy Tangerine on the back of my hand and so does on my lips. The Coral Pink Color still has a darker color than the Cosy Tangerine but less strong than when I swatch it on my hand.  This lipstick covered my dark lips very well but the color becomes darker than the original shade. I will not use this color when my face looks tired because this lip color makes my face duller. So I’m usually using this color in the morning and using Cosy Tangerine at the noon because brighter color refreshes my tired looks. 

For any other performa, let’s check the pros and cons below:
Pros:

Cheap (IDR 35.000 or USD 3,5)
Available in wide range of color
Easy to find
Last for about 2 to 3 hours

Cons:
Accentuate dry lips
Need to reapply after eating or drinking

Well that’s it, I know I’m not good in describing color but I hope this review is useful and gives you information about my favorite lipstick. Thanks for reading and see you on the next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment