Friday, June 7, 2013

Caring Stay True Foundation Review


As you may know a good canvas will provide you a nice, long lasting makeup. ‘Canvas’ here means a good base formed with makeup base, foundation and concealer. A good foundation usually the one which will cover your uneven skintone, acnes scar and has a long staying powder. Those criteria of foundation things are summarized in this foundation I’m about to review. Here it is, Caring Stay True Foundation *taraaaaaaa*

 


Caring Stay True Foundation
 
Ingredients
This foundation came with a glass packaging and came with a pump. The glass packaging gives an impression of luxury-highend foundation and the pump will keep it hygenic. The price is affordable and it’s a local foundation, so I hope it will suit Indonesian woman skin and, of course, suitable to use in a tropical weather.

It has a thick liquid texture, so it will gives you a medium coverage. Although it has a thick texture, it suprisingly blend easily on my face. I purchased the medium shade number 3 and sadly it’s too bright for my skin T_T. Because I don’t want to waste this foundation, I have to mix this with my old foundation that has a darker shade. So, I mix this foundation with Oriflame Very Me Smoothie Foundation in Sand that darker than my skin. 




I blend these two together and resulting a right shade for my face. Although it’s still a little bit too light, it blends to my skin after about 15 minutes. So here’s the swatches.

Before

After
I wore this foundation with a damp sponge because I want a sheer coverage since it was so hot and I don’t wanna make my face cakey. Although I used it with a damp sponge it still can even my skintone and cover some of my acnescar and redness and I don’t need to apply concealer although my pimples still showed out.


Result


In a hot and humid day, it can stay long for 4 hours. After 2 hours my face started to oily in my T-zone and I have to blot it with a face paper and began to fade away after 4 hours, maybe it will stay longer if you applied this after makeup base. BUT it doesn’t match my skintone!! *huwaaaaang* I have a yellow skintone and this foundation will suit more for a pink skintone.

Pros:
-          Cheap !! (about IDR 70.000)
-          Easy to find in Bandung
-          Has a long staying powder
-          Even out my skintone
-          Cover acne scar and redness
-          Buildable

 Cons:
-          Doesn’t suit my skintone

Repurchase:
Nope, still in a long journey to find a foundation match my skintone and complexion. After all, it is recommended for you who have an oily or combination skin and have a pink or neutral skintone.

That’s it. Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment