Monday, June 17, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational in Peachy Scene


As I promised you on the previous post, now I will review Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick. The day I purchased the lipstick, I actually looking for a pinky-orange shade lipstick because I thought it would be perfect for summer (Yes, we’re reaching summer now although it’s raining hard almost everyday in Bandung -_-;). In the tester section I found that orange shade lipstick and I’m quite in love with that color because it looks so energetic yet natural BUT the sales assistant said it is out of stock! GAAAH! Disappointingly, I search another color and after several minutes I found this lipstick, it ease my disappointment of not getting the orange lip color. So now we jump to the review~



Packaging:




Ingredients, just click to enlarge


I have nothing to complain about the packaging. It has a silver tube with red transparent cap and it secure the tube just fine so you don’t have to worry the cap will detach, so I guess it’s travel-friendly.



Shade:



Although its name is Peachy Scene, the color leans to a really soft pink than peach. This color goes for everyday look, formal look with smokey eyes or nude look. I notice when I applied this lipstick, a sweet candy smell reek out from the bullet. It’s not disturbing me since the smell doesn’t last long and I love this kind of smell, I just have to remember not to use it during fasting month hehe :p



Swatch and Consistency:

Surprisingly, the color from the lipstick is similar to the color on back of the tube.




It has a creamy texture and glide smoothly on my lips. This lipstick has a frosty finish which I don’t like, it just feels weird but i’m just ignoring it since I love the color. Another thing is the lipstick emphasize fine lines on my lips. So if you have chapped lips just make sure to exfoliate them then applied lip balm. 

Yes, I have asymmetrical lips

Using Peachy Scene



The lipstick last about three hours without eating or drinking, but you can always using lip liner or lip concealer to make the color last. For me, I don’t mide to re-apply the lipstick after eating because I usually touch up my make up after having some meals anyway. Now this lipstick has becomes my favorite because it makes my face look more fresh and make my face even prettier huahahahahaha




See, i’m look so much more cute ;p 


Pros:

-          - Has a neutral color

-          - Has a sweet smell

-          - Doesn’t feathering or bleeding

-          - Glide smoothly on my lips

-          - Perfect for summer

-          - Affordable (Rp 75.000,-)

-          - Last but not least, makes my face prettier :D


Cons:

-          - Emphasize fine lines

-          - Has frosty finish

-          - Only last for 3 hours


This is my first Maybelline lipstick from Color Sensational line and I will definitely repurchase this lipstick in orange shade I mentioned before.



Thank you for reading :)







No comments:

Post a Comment